General Description: The Staff Nurse provides direct patient care and support/supervision for all medical services and medical volunteers at assigned location of ComfortCare Women’s Health (CCWH). This role is designed to effectively implement CCWH’s vision and mission as it relates to our medical services, showing the clients the love of Jesus Christ and presenting accurate medical services, education, and resources in all aspects of their pregnancy decision. The staff nurse is expected to adhere to and implement CCWH’s policies and procedures, as well as professional standards of care. This position assists the V.P. of Clinic Operations in offering medical volunteers continual educational opportunities and giving patients the best physical, psychosocial, and spiritual care possible. This position is a non-exempt position.
Accountable to: The Staff Nurse is accountable to and under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Clinic Operations.
Supervises: No direct employee supervision. The Staff Nurse supervises & supports any medical volunteers at assigned location.
- Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of human life and related issues of abortion and sexual purity.
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Faith, Statement of Principle, Code of Ethics, and policies of the Clinic.
- Maintains a consistent sanctity of life position and would not refer or advise a woman to have an abortion. (In cases where a woman’s life is endangered, the clinic would encourage the woman to seek life-preserving measures, seeking to preserve both the woman and the child.)
- Understand, be able to model and communicate biblical concepts and principals that relate to human life and medicine.
- Hold a current Registered Nurse’s License in good standing with the Medical Board of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Have work/volunteer experience in areas of service and/or ministry. Preferably at least two years worth in any or all of these areas.
- Be able to provide spiritual leadership and support for staff and volunteers.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and/or weekends when needed for clinic coverage or community outreach needs.
- Ability & flexibility to cover all CCWH locations.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure medical service staffing needs are covered for open clinic hours.
- Provide nursing care: perform pregnancy tests, testing for sexually transmitted infections, and perform limited OB ultrasounds. Assess patient needs and make nursing judgments which reflect safe nursing practices.
- Oversee and implement nursing policies and procedures at all clinic locations.
- Update physician and patient accordingly in relation to progress and changes in condition.
- Provide accurate and current medical education to CCWH’s patients.
- Provide accountability, training, and support to any medical volunteers.
- Share on-call responsibilities.
- Represent CCWH as needed at community, church, and organizational gatherings.
- Diligent in prayer for the clinic and the ministry at large.
- Perform tasks as requested by the V.P. of Clinic Operations & President/CEO.
- Attend all staff meetings/retreats as an integral part of the CCWH team.
Evaluations: The Staff Nurse will receive an annual evaluation by the V.P. of Clinic Operations. The evaluation will consider:
- Client care – medical understanding, direct medical services (pregnancy tests, STI testing, limited OB ultrasound), and documentation.
- Oversight of CCWH’s policies and procedures as it relates to Medical Service responsibilities at assigned location.
- Daily clinic management – effective assessment and use of resources to meet the needs of our patients, including volunteers, medical supplies/resources, and community referrals.
- CCWH support – community representation of the ministry, support in special events, and teamwork.